Please share any ideas or concerns you have on the Facebook event page - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=257426814290207
Follow @USDayofRageOR on Twitter
Here is the mapped route for the day: http://g.co/maps/e6pd4
At 11:00AM to 3pm on Saturday, September 17th people will gather at Pioneer Courthouse Square - 701 Southwest 6th Avenue in Portland, Oregon 97204.
We will rally in the Square until 12:00PM while telling passersby about our message, waving signs, handing out information, performing simple skits and making a lot of noise. At 12:00PM we will exit Pioneer Square onto SW Broadway heading southwest towards SW Main St. We will turn left onto SW Main St. and march east toward SW 5th Avenue. We will turn left onto SW 5th Avenue and stop at the Bank of America at 1001 Southwest 5th Avenue. We will cluster in front of the building without physically preventing entrance or exit and begin protesting peacefully but powerfully, as thoughtful citizens do.
If we are forced to move, we will loop back around the block by heading north on SW 5th Avenue, turning left onto SW Salmon St., left onto SW 6th Avenue, left onto SW Main St. and left again onto SW 5th Avenue. We will repeat this loop as many times as necessary.
Resources & Ideas
Bring signs (ie ONE CITIZEN ONE VOTE; OVERTURN CITIZENS UNITED V. FEC; CORPORATIONS ≠ NOT PEOPLE; DEMAND CHANGE; REFORM CAMPAIGN FINANCE; VOTES MATTER WHEN MONEY DOES NOT; etc.)
Bring noisemakers including pots and pans, air horns, conch shells, trumpets, whatever you see fit. These are all legal and encouraged.
Bring monopoly money
Dress up (like below)
Here are some more ideas http://backbonecampaign.org/page.cfm?id=163
About US Day of Rage
Legitimate government is born of the self-interest and will of the people expressed by its citizens in free and fair elections. It does not spring from a tyranny of special patronage, or a system or ideology that runs counter to the aims of life.
Bought by hard and soft dollars, disloyal, incompetent, and wasteful special interests have usurped our nation's civil and military power, spawning a host of threats to liberty and our national security.
Free and fair elections inspire good citizenship and public service, because they engage the intelligence and genuine good will of the American people. They produce the kind of stewardship our nation desperately needs, because they ensure that citizens can influence their destiny, and make genuine contributions to society.
Free and fair elections remedy the myriad ills and abuses of a corrupt and illegitimate government, which preys on the resources and spirits of citizen.
- Federal Gov't Announces Intel on US Day of Rage
- Austin, Texas Concert and Peaceful Protest #Sept17 Waterloo Park 3pm to 6pm #usdor #occupywallstreet
- US Day of Rage Horizontal Mesh Occupation Tactics #usdor #occupywallstreet
- 2011-10-13 Horizontal Mesh Occupation Tactics #usdor #occupywallstreet
- Hey, Doc Filmmakers! We Need YOU on September 17th–and Beyond (with video) #usdor
- Seattle Protest #Sept17 11am to 5pm #occupywallstreet #usdor
- Planned Protests for #Sept17 #occupywallstreet #usdor | US Day of Rage
- What is the NYC Assembly to #occupywallstreet on #sept17, and who is behind it? Notes from August 13 NYC #usdor
- San Francisco Protest 2-4pm #sept17 #usdor #usdorCA #occupywallstreet | US Day of Rage California
- Los Angeles Sept 17 2pm to 6pm #usdorLosA #usdor #sept17 #occupywallstreet | US Day of Rage
Page 4 of 24