Our plan represents the strongest test of the 1st amendment on the PUBLIC SIDEWALKS of Wall Street.
YOU DO NOT NEED A PERMIT TO OCCUPY OR PEACEABLY ASSEMBLE ON PUBLIC SIDEWALKS. Under a 2000 federal court ruling, the use of "public sleeping as a means of symbolic expression" is allowed on public sidewalks in New York City as long as you do not block pedestrians or doorway entrances and exits. See METROPOLITAN COUNCIL, INC., Plaintiff, -against- HOWARD SAFIR, Commissioner of the New York City Police Department, et al., June 12, 2000 [99 F. Supp. 2d 438; 2000 U.S. Dist.]
US Day of Rage does not endorse any tactical plan for #sept17 that plans to converge assemblies of people on private property. The NYC General Assembly, for example, has proposed that Chase Manhattan Plaza be used as the site of a temporary convergence assembly on #Sept17. We know, however, that the CEO of Chase Manhattan, however, has a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders to prevent any occupation or assembly on bank property. He would be obliged to call the NYPD and seek the removal of trespassers according to NY State Law (as of June 23, 2008) Section 140.05 Trespass. A person is guilty of trespass when he or she knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises is in violation of the law.
In that scenario, the NYPD would be duty-bound to remove people in the same way as they would be duty bound to act on your complaint if an assembly of people set up camp in your front yard.
Any occupation tactic that involves the use of private property plays directly into the Mayors hands by providing him with a reason to arrest the protestors without 'getting his hands dirty'.
The NYPD will be acting in accordance with the law as a result of an unlawful trespass and the occupation of private property from a citizen.
US Day of Rage's plan to lawfully occupy and create sidewalk block assemblies on PUBLIC SIDEWALKS is in accordance with the law of the land. The right to freedom of speech and peaceable assembly represents a make or break moment for Mayor's office. Any attempt to remove protestors would be directly in contravention of the 1st amendment of the Constitution. Citizens United, the Department of Homeland Security, and the NYPD/CIA protect corporation's freedom of speech when it comes to campaign financing. Real citizens, real people, should have the same right to the 1st amendment on the PUBLIC SIDEWALKS in New York City.
- Portland, OR US Day of Rage #Sept17 Protest Pioneer Courthouse Sq. 11am #usdor #occupywallstreet
- Federal Gov't Announces Intel on US Day of Rage
- Austin, Texas Concert and Peaceful Protest #Sept17 Waterloo Park 3pm to 6pm #usdor #occupywallstreet
- US Day of Rage Horizontal Mesh Occupation Tactics #usdor #occupywallstreet
- 2011-10-13 Horizontal Mesh Occupation Tactics #usdor #occupywallstreet
- Hey, Doc Filmmakers! We Need YOU on September 17th–and Beyond (with video) #usdor
- Seattle Protest #Sept17 11am to 5pm #occupywallstreet #usdor
- Planned Protests for #Sept17 #occupywallstreet #usdor | US Day of Rage
- What is the NYC Assembly to #occupywallstreet on #sept17, and who is behind it? Notes from August 13 NYC #usdor
- San Francisco Protest 2-4pm #sept17 #usdor #usdorCA #occupywallstreet | US Day of Rage California
Page 3 of 24